Volunteer Waiver and Release
I have read this form carefully. In consideration of being allowed to volunteer/participate in any way in the SkyRise Chicago / Tower Up! Event
conducted by the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab d/b/a Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (“SRALAB”) at Willis Tower, 233 South Wacker Drive, Chicago,
Illinois, on November 4, 2018, which includes, but is not limited to, various volunteer assignments and/or activities (the SkyRise Chicago/Tower Up!
Event and all pre and post volunteer assignments and/or activities are together herein defined as the “Event”), I hereby:
1. Acknowledge and fully understand that I may be engaging in physical activities which may pose a substantial risk of serious bodily injury, including
permanent disability and death, which might result from my own actions, inactions and/or negligence of others, the condition of the premises and/or
any equipment used. I attest and verify that I am physically fit to volunteer at the Event. I understand that volunteering may involve climbing and/or
descending three or more flights of stairs during the Event. Further, I acknowledge and fully understand that there may be other risks not known to
me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
2. Consent to volunteer at the Event and understand that at any time I may choose not to volunteer in any part of the Event.
3. Assume all of the risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability and/or death, if any.
4. Assume any and all risks related to damaged, lost and/or stolen property, if any.
5. Understand that there will be no refunds or payments whatsoever with respect to my volunteering in this Event.
6. Agree that I shall, at all times, comply with all instructions given by the Event officials or building security and I will not interfere with the safe
enjoyment of the Event by other volunteers and/or participants. I further understand and agree that Event officials and/or building security reserve
the right to refuse admission to any person and to remove persons from the Event and/or building for any reason.
7. On my behalf and on behalf of my family, representatives, estate, heirs, successors, and assigns, release, waive, indemnify, discharge and
covenant not to sue, BRE 312 Owner LLC, BRE 312 Skydeck LLC, Equity Office Management Corp., SRALAB, and their respective members, officers,
directors, shareholders, managers, agents, employees, trustees, independent contractors, coaches, affiliates, representatives, administrators,
sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, mortgagees, tenants, and their respective heirs, successors and assigns (all of which are
hereinafter referred to as the “Released Parties”) from any and all judgments, claims, rights of action, demands, losses, fees, including
attorneys' fees, costs or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by
the negligence of any of the Released Parties regarding the Event.
8. I further grant permission to SRALAB, BRE 312 Owner LLC, BRE 312 Skydeck LLC and Equity Office Management Corp., to use my name,
address, voice, statements, image and/or photographs and/or tapes and/or recordings and/or health information (if any) related to this Event for
any purpose that SRALAB, BRE 312 Owner LLC, BRE 312 Skydeck LLC or Equity Office Management Corp. so deems, and I shall have no
right to inspect or approve such use.
9. . I understand and agree that if I am under 18 years of age, I may serve as a volunteer at the Event only at the ground level or the Skydeck level of
Willis Tower. Without limiting the foregoing, if I am under 18 years of age, I will not serve or otherwise act as a volunteer within the stairwells of Willis