Seven Ways to Fundraise
1. Set up your fundraising page
Set up a personal fundraising page with SkyRise Chicago to encourage your friends and family to donate to your climb in support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. With this tool you can:
- Let people know you’ve set a goal—and plan to achieve it.
- Track your fundraising progress.
- Send potential donors personalized e-mails as event day approaches.
- Thank your donors for their generosity.
2. Reach out through e-mail
Send an e-mail message to your entire contact list explaining SkyRise Chicago and your support for the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, formerly RIC. Be sure to include a link to your personal SkyRise Chicago page.
- Share your personal goals—both for fundraising and the SkyRise challenge.
- If you or someone close to you has benefited from Shirley Ryan AbilityLab innovative patient care and cutting-edge research, be sure to tell their story!
- Introduce an inspiring individual that Shirley Ryan AbilityLab has helped like Ryan. Watch and share his story.
- Add an email signature. Promote your SkyRise participation by creating an automatic email signature that links to your fundraising page.
3. Ask your employer
Check to see if your employer has a Matching Gifts program and be sure to ask your friends and family if their companies have one, too.
4. Promote on social
5. Host an event
Host a happy hour or game night. Pick a local establishment and invite friends, family and coworkers to support your fundraising.
6. Make your gift a SkyRise Chicago gift
Have a birthday or anniversary coming up? Ask family and friends to skip the presents and donate money to your SkyRise Chicago campaign instead.
7. Thank your donors!
Be sure to send a personalized thank you to everyone who makes a contribution in your name. Your personal SkyRise page makes it easy to do! Or, with every donation, tag someone in your social post who just donated to your page.